As we approach the third anniversary of the launch of WINiT in January 2017, there is so much anticipation and momentum building as we shift our focus from where we began to where we are headed next.
It is important, however, to me to pause and share with all of you how grateful I am to be guiding this organization. Just over two years ago I was working in Special Education, grant writing, and non-profit fundraising. I loved my work and the amazing people whose lives I was honored to be a part of every day. In the same period of time, life dealt me a series of personal challenges that left me yearning for a change. My passion has and continues to be guiding and supporting others so when Mick Lee, Founder of WINiT, approached me about leading the organization, I recognized it as an amazing opportunity to apply my passion and skills in a new way. It was truly the collective strength of the many women and men who had come together to help form WINiT that inspired me to take on this new challenge and completely transform my career and life.
Fast forward two years. WINiT is now a growing organization that is +2,000 members strong (5,000 by 2017)!
- In the last 18 months, we successfully piloted and launched the WINiT Mentor Program and WINiT Central Career Board.
- We facilitated over 800 services for our members including speaking, educational, and career advancement opportunities.
- The development of the WINiT University program is well underway and is one of dozens of initiatives on which we are collaborating with our growing network of partners.
- We redesigned our committee structure, website and communication channels to facilitate collaboration and communication with members, leaders, and Donors.
- Looking ahead, we continue to build #momentum as we prepare for the 2016 WINiT Annual Summit. I look forward to the Summit as many of us will take a day and a half to pause from our lives in order to learn, connect, and be inspired. SAVE THE DATE for the SUMMIT
- These metrics and milestones, our member and leadership survey results, as well as countless conversations and emails, confirm that we are doing meaningful work that is creating a real impact on the careers and lives of our members.
All that WINiT has accomplished is because of the hard work and dedication of its members – our WINT Ambassadors. Each and every one of you inspires me. Your commitment to this organization renews my faith and steadfast belief in our mission – every member, every day. As WINiT heads into its 3rd year, I want to thank you for your role in creating this organization. So much is possible when a group of people – however small or big – take a leap of faith for something they believe in, and I am so proud to stand beside all of you on this amazing journey.
Quotes to Consider
“Do one thing every day that scares you.” ~Churchill
“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” ~Mother Teresa